Here are 5 car care maintenance tips to help keep your vehicle running smoothly. These are simple things you can do that can make a big difference for your family’s safety as well as preventing costly repairs down the road.
- CHANGE YOUR OIL. Oil is the lifeblood of your vehicle. And when it gets dirty and sludgy it can’t protect the moving parts in your car’s engine. Although it’s another task on the To Do List, it’s an important one. Putting it off can have bad effects on your wallet, your engine and your safety. And not changing it could also void your new car warranty!
- INSPECT YOUR TIRES. Under inflated and over inflated tires can be hazardous and cause premature wear that leads to a blow-out. Find the recommended pressure for your tires, check them regularly and add or reduce the pressure as needed.
- DON’T IGNORE THE “CHECK ENGINE” LIGHT.We are sometimes tempted to ignore those pesky lights that pop up occasionally on our dashboard. But they can signal a problem with oil pressure, tire pressure, brakes or other serious concerns. We can help you figure out what’s going on and get you back on track.
- REPLACE WINDSHIELD WIPERS. Checking for damaged or worn out wipers and replacing them when needed will give you the best visibility when that next rain or snow storm comes blowing through.
- CHECK THE FLUIDS. Antifreeze protects your vehicle from both freezing and boiling, and it deteriorates over time, so it’s important to have it checked. Transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid and windshield washer fluid should all be checked, too.
It only takes a minute to perform simple checks like these that can keep your vehicle running safely and smoothly. If it turns out you have a problem or are unsure of something, give us a call at 636-928-6050. We’re happy to take a look and see what’s going on.